What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files consisting of letters and numbers. These are sent from our or our partners’ web servers and stored on your device as below. We use different cookies:
- Session cookies are a temporary cookie that expires when you close your browser or app.
- Persistent cookies are cookies that remain on your computer until you delete them or they expire.
- First-party cookies are cookies set by the website you visit.
- Third-party cookies are cookies set by a third-party site.
- Web beacons are small transparent graphic images that may be contained in emails we send to you.
Similar technologies are technologies that store information in your browser or device in a manner similar to cookies and web beacons.
The cookies we use normally improve the services we offer you. Some of our services actually need cookies to work, while others simply exist to make our services more convenient for you. Generally speaking, we categorize our cookies and their usage as follows:
- The necessary cookies are absolutely necessary to be able to offer our basic services, e.g. our customer portal. Our services would not work without these cookies.
- Analytics cookies provide comprehensive analytical information regarding your use of our services.
- Functional cookies enable us to save settings such as language selection or whether we should pre-populate your data or not. Without these types of cookies, we would not be able to tailor our services according to your wishes.
- Security cookies make our services and data safe and secure by helping us detect fraud and protect your data. As this is an essential part of our services, these cookies are necessary.
We use marketing cookies to personalize and improve your experience on our website, in marketing emails and in third-party advertising.
- Automated marketing: Cookies from our marketing automation platform allow us to be more relevant in our communication with you. Based on personal data provided voluntarily by the user, e.g. via forms on our website, we use this information to improve the ability to deliver more relevant information on the website and through advertising channels.
- Analysis: Analytics cookies collect information about how users interact with our website and provide lessons about overall interaction patterns rather than individual users’ behavior. This data helps us improve your experience on the website.
- Advertising: Advertising cookies collect information about your activities and show interest on our website, so that we can show you relevant, targeted advertising in third-party channels (search engines, social media and ad networks).
Your browser or device usually allows you to change the settings for the use and scope of cookies. Go to your browser or device settings to learn more about adjusting your cookie settings. For example, you can choose to block all cookies, only accept first-party cookies, or delete cookies when you close your browser.
Keep in mind that some of our services may not work if you block or delete cookies.